Chicken Gaston Gerard
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of Butte
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion, Halved & Sliced
- ½ Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Cup of Dry White Wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 6-8 Ounces Crème Fraiche
- ½ – 1 Cup of Shredded Gruyère Cheese or Comte
- Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Using a large non-reactive skillet, add the butter and oil to the pan and heat on medium high.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. When the butter oil mixture is sizzling and frothy, add the chicken breasts and brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and then place in the oven to finish cooking, about 10-15 minutes or when the chicken internal temperature reaches 70 degrees celsius using a meat thermometer.
6. In the same skillet turn down the heat to medium and add the onion slices and sauté the onions until golden brown.
7. Stir in the paprika and add the wine. Let the wine simmer and reduce by half.
8. Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the Dijon mustard and then the crème fraiche. Once the mustard and creme fraiche are smooth and incorporated into the onions, place the skillet back over low heat and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes until it reaches a desired consistency and then pour over the cooked chicken.
9. Sprinkle the chicken with Gruyère cheese and then place back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes to warm the chicken and melt the cheese. Transfer to a platter or individual plates. Serve immediately.
Ready to eat!