- 800g of cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread (country bread or sandwich bread)
- 4 slices of white ham
- 2 tablespoons strong mustard or old-fashioned mustard
- 16cl of lager beer
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (thermostat 6).
2. In individual gratin dishes or in a large dish, arrange the slices of bread. Place a slice of white ham on each piece of bread.
3. Grate the cheddar cheese and melt it in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. When the processed cheese covers the spoon, wet it with the lager. Continue stirring until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. Then add the mustard and mix again. Cover the slices of bread covered with ham with this cheddar and beer mixture.
4. Bake the complete welsh for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the eggs in a pan.
5. When you take your dish out of the oven, place an egg in the pan on top of each complete welsh. Serve it immediately with a turn of the pepper mill, a dish of golden chips and a good lager (to drink in moderation).
Ready to eat!